Formal highlights from a love of learning.
However, one of my most powerful learning experiences was informal – a two week holiday to Sardinia – on my own – with space just to be, and integrate life so far. See more about the power of informal learning here.
I’ve cherry picked the best of courses to tailor them to my own unique learning pathway. Primarily I am a confident, competent autodidact thanks to my early Summerhill experience. Main themes are learning, creativity, dialogue, compassion, wisdom and human flourishing.
- U-Lab (MIT)
“Leading from the emerging future.” Cohort being formed for September 2017. Get in touch.
- MA Education Studies (Person-Centred) (Sussex University)
Stage one completed on scholarship from Guerrand-Hermes Foundation for Peace. Profoundly effected by the work and example of Carl Rogers.
- PG Cert. Participatory & Community Arts (Goldsmiths University of London)
Drawn in by the theme of artist as catalyst, shaman, activist, educator. Discovered Suzi Gablik as a guiding light (ex-Black Mountain College). Completed most of the MA also.
- BA (Hons) Culture & Communication (Murdoch > Edith Cowan University)
Distinction. Prize for Journalism.
- Art Foundation, City College
Philosophy, Personal Growth & Spirituality
- Buddhist meditation, ethics & philosophy training – Various schools, teachers & retreat centre over 20 years inc. mindfulness-based, six elements, embodiment, compassion , direct pointing and other Insight practices.
- Feeding Your Demons
- Hoffman Process
- Inward Adventure
- Landmark Forum
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course
- Psychotherapy – Over 200 hours. Mainly Humanistic (Person-Centred, Transactional Analysis), Gestalt, couples, Imago, Byron Katie enquiry and some trauma work.
- Tantra for Couples
- The Work of Byron Katie
- Transitions, Re–Vision Centre for Integrative Psychosynthesis
- Yoga / Somatic Experiencing / Feldenkrais
25-year daily practice with regular classes and retreats.
Have experienced these mainly as a client / participant. Now lead/co-lead sessions and retreats incorporating much of this work.
Vocational, Core Symposia & Other
- Animas Diploma in Transformational Coaching
- Fusebox, AHRC/Intereg funded creative / digital incubator
- Compassion & Empathy in Society
- NHS Confidentiality
- St Christopher’s Hospice International Symposium
- Doulas for the Dying
- Summerhill-inspired democratic education
- Mainstream primary and secondary
- Presbyterian Ladies College